- Putin unveils nuclear weapons he claims could breach U.S. defenses
- Israel said frustrated with U.S. inaction on Iran role in Syria
Weeks after Tillerson said the U.S. and Russia share a postwar vision, Votel says Moscow is playing both "arsonist and firefighter."
Russia Is a Great Power Once Again // Alina Polyakova
Putin's Syria intervention saved Assad. But is he ready for what comes next?
- In Syria, foreign powers’ scramble for influence intensifies
- Days after cease-fire resolution, more bombing and death in Syria
- WaPo editorial: Putin is getting away with murder in Syria
By Jack Detsch, Al-Monitor: “Joseph Votel told the House Armed Services Committee that the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), signed by President George W. Bush to go after the plotters of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, remains in effect for the U.S. fight against the Islamic State (IS) in Syria.”